Nuffnang~Ads1

Saturday 17 December 2011

Product Review and Unboxing - Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook


Hello again. Today I want to share with you guys my ‘Crown Jewel’ for the year of 2011, Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook. I bought this ultrabook few days ago at Acer Concept Store in Low Yat Plaza. This model is the first ultrabook produced by Acer. Since now is the ultrabook trend, I have sweeping around to find the suitable model and brand for myself. Between ASUS Zenbook, Lenovo U300s and Samsung Series 9, Acer Aspire S3 is the right one. The price is good also. Here is some of the unboxing pictures to trigger your ‘aspire’:) 












Specifications:
OS                        : Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Processor             : Intel Core i5-2467M
LCD                      : 13.3” HD Acer CineCrystal LED LCD
Graphics               : Intel HD Graphics 3000
Memory                : 4 GB Memory
Storage                : 320 GB HDD + 20 GB SSD
Card Reader         : 2 in 1 ( MMC and SD Card)
WLAN                   : 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth            : Bluetooth 4.0
Webcam               : 1.3 MP HD webcam
Battery                : 3-cell Li-ion battery
Software              : Microsoft Office 2010 preloaded
Price                    : RM 2599.00
Ext. 2 Years          : RM 298.00
Warranty (optional)

First time I saw this laptop, it was really caught my eye. Its sleek and lightweight design makes me fell in love with it. Yeah, I could say it is follow MacBook Air design a little bit. After owned it in almost 1 week, I could say I am satisfied with its overall performance. With its large 320 GB HDD, I can save a tons of my musics, pictures and movies collection. The keypad and touchpad is very smooth. My previous laptop was Lenovo and I could say this S3’s keypad and touchpad is better than Lenovo. This ultrabook also come with professionally tuned speaker with Dolby Home Theater makes the sound crystals clear and you can watch a movie with cinema-audio quality. The battery type is 3-cell Li-ion battery. Based on the specification in the Acer’s website, the maximum battery run time is 6 hour.  In my usage, I can reach 4 to 5 hour before I received the low battery notification (below 10%).So I guess probably I can get maximum battery run time 6 hour because normally I will straightaway plug in the power adapter once the battery is low. I don’t want any disruption :)

This model comes with 2 USB ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 jack port (3.5mm) and SD slot. No optical drive, please note that.

For you who are looking for an ultrabook with a large storage, good performance, bigger screen, stylish and lightweight design within the medium price, I would recommend this Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook. 

My overall rating is 9 of 10. Till then…

No comments:

Post a Comment